Hot CompTIA Certifications
All CompTIA Exams
About CompTIA Certifications
The CompTIA certifications are among the most recognized IT credentials globally. They are administered by CompTIA, an association that is well-known in the IT industry for its non-vendor based professional certificates. It has certified more than two million people in the last twenty years. The CompTIA certifications are grouped into four categories. They are Cybersecurity, Core, Infrastructure, and other additional professional certificates.
- IT Fundamentals+ involves passing the FC0-U61exam. It contains 75 multiple-choice questions. The candidates have an hour to complete this certification test. The passing score is 650 on a scale of 900.
- CompTIA A+ is an entry-level certification for IT technicians. It consists of two exams: 220-901 and 220-902. Each test contains 90 questions that should be answered within 90 minutes.
- CompTIA Network+ involves passing the N10-007 exam. The test contains 90 multiple-choice, performance-based questions, and drag and drops. A period of 90 minutes is allocated to the candidates to complete this exam.
- CompTIA Security+. The exam for this certification is SY0-501. It contains 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions to be completed in 90 minutes. The students must score 750 on a scale of 100-900.
- CompTIA Server+. This certification involves passing the SK0-004 exam that was launched on July 31st, 2015. It contains 100 multiple-choice questions that must be completed in 90 minutes. The passing score is 750 on the 100-900 scale.
- CompTIA Cloud+. This certificate gives emphasis on management of cloud technologies. The exam for this certification is CV0-002 that was launched on February 9, 2018. It contains 90 questions, which are multiple choice and performance-based.
- CompTIA Linux+. This credential needs two exams: LX0-103 and LX0-104, but both have been recently combined in one XK1-004 test, which is still at the beta stage. The new exam contains 114 questions.
- CompTIA CySA+. CS0-001 is the exam code for this certification. It contains 85 questions. The questions are multiple choice and performance-based. The candidates are given 165 minutes to complete the test.
- CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner). The exam for this credential is CAS-003. It contains 90 questions to be completed in 165 minutes. The questions are in a multiple-choice and performance-based format. There is no passing score for this certification test, it is either a fail or a pass.
- CompTIA PenTest+. PT0-001 is the exam code for this certificate. It was launched on July 31, 2018. It contains a maximum of 85 questions. The questions are multiple choice and performance-based. The individuals are given 165 minutes to complete the test. The candidates have to get the passing score of 750 on a scale of 100-900.
Additional professional certifications
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA CTT+
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
The CompTIA credentials do not expire. They are valid for lifetime.