Hot Juniper Certifications
All Juniper Exams
About Juniper Certifications
Juniper Networks is one of the front runners when it comes to networking solutions. Their vision is to help professionals to solve pressing problems in this area. This company also produces various products such as routers, networking software, network security equipment, switches, and more. With Juniper, you can also opt to validate your skills by undertaking their certifications that cover several fields.
More about Juniper and Its Offerings
Juniper Networks is a multinational company based in California. It was founded in 1996 by Pradeep Sindhu and rapidly grew in popularity under Scott Kriens as the CEO (till September 2008). In 2001, it had 37% of the core routers market share in a once Cisco-dominated one. Its present CEO is Rami Rahim. Apart from offering networking solutions and equipment, Juniper provides resources to improve and certify networking competence of aspiring individuals, which greatly increases their employability.
- Training courses: There are multiple self-paced web-based courses spanning over a lot of networking topics, Juniper equipment, and solutions, such as switches, transport routers, Networks Service Automation, security threat hardware, and services gateway. By completing them, specialists become more knowledgeable about how to work effectively with these solutions, which are used commonly.
- Certification: Juniper Network Certification Program (JCNP) has four levels to suit individuals with different expertise. These include associate, specialist, professional, and expert. One has to pass relevant exams to gain the certificate. With this program, individuals can validate their Juniper skills as networking professionals and expect better career prospects.
- Others: Juniper also has YouTube channel for solution demos and product marketing, tech library to access product configuration and management information in one place, Day One Books for instructional networking technologies by working engineers, and Learning Bytes for short videos on networking problems.
Juniper Certifications and Exams
The accreditations of Juniper are divided not only into levels but into several categories as well. These are service provider routing and switching, security, Mist AI, enterprise routing and switching, design, data center, cloud, and automation and DevOps. Some of the most popular certificates are as follows:
- JNCDA or Juniper Design, Associate: This certification is for beginner professionals who are involved in network design and want to validate their basic skill-set in this sphere. No prerequisite certificate is needed. The only requirement is to take JNO-1102 exam. To registered for it, one should visit the Pearson VUE platform. The test lasts for 90 minutes and has 65 multiple-choice questions. Topics covered include design requirements, network security, network design architectures, business continuity, and network management.
- JNCDS-SEC or Juniper Security Design, Specialist: Networking designers with intermediate skill-set and knowledge of security are advised to go for this certification. The candidates need to have the above-mentioned JCNDA certificate as a prerequisite. Then, individuals should pass JNO-1331 exam, administered by Pearson VUE. This is a written test that takes 90 minutes. During this period, applicants should answer 65 multiple-choice questions. Note that you know your pass or fail status immediately. When it comes to preparation, one can take the official course called Juniper Networks Design – Security (JND-SEC). Once attained, this accreditation is valid for three years.
- JNCIA-DevOps or Juniper Automation and DevOps, Associate: This is an introductory-level certification for networking professionals aiming to learn more about automation tools and practices that are necessary to manage Juniper products and solutions efficiently. The applicants need to pass JNO-221 exam after registering for it at Pearson VUE to get certified. As for topics covered, one should gain a basic understanding of Python, Rest API, Ansible, data serilization, XML, automation, and DevOps. Introduction to Junos Platform Automation and DevOps (IJAUT) the recommended training for this test.
- JNCIS-DevOps or Juniper Automation and DevOps, Specialist: This is for networking professionals who understand key concepts of automation and are aware of related tools. With this certification, candidates can verify their skills in using PyEZ, Python, and Ansible. Prior experience required includes having the JNCIA-DevOps certification. As for exams, the only one to be passed is JNO-421. Its duration is 90 minutes, and the number of questions is 65. All items are provided in the multiple-choice format. The results of one’s performance in the exam are known immediately after its completion.
- JNCIA-Cloud or Juniper Cloud, Associate: Those who have a fundamental understanding of Juniper cloud-based networking design and architecture can benefit from this certification. There are no prior requirements to be fulfilled, and the only step to make is obtaining a passing grade in exam JNO-211, which is 90-minutes long and contains 65 multiple-choice questions. You can visit the official Juniper website to take a practice test prior to sitting for this exam. The topics to master beforehand cover cloud security, architecture and monitoring, SDN, SDN WAN, and NFV, among the rest.
- JNCIP-Cloud or Juniper Cloud, Professional: This certification is for those professionals who have advanced understanding and practical experience with cloud networking. JNCIA-Cloud is the prerequisite certification, and the requirement is exam JNO-610. To register for it, one should visit Pearson VUE. The test lasts for 90 minutes and consists of 65 multiple-choice questions. It is recommended to complete the Enterprise Multicloud Automation and Orchestration Using Contrail (EMCC) course to prepare for it.
Official Training Courses from Juniper
- Juniper Networks Design Fundamentals (JNDF): This is a three-day course that covers introductory principles of network design and practices. The candidates need to already have a basic understanding of routing, switching architecture, Juniper network equipment, network security, and load balancers.
- Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS): A three-day course that is focused on the core information needed to use the Junos Operating System for Junos devices and Juniper Networks. You will learn about Junos device families, the architecture of this software, and configuration.
- JNCIE-SEC self-study bundle: With this course bundle, expert-level professionals can gain some extra help to successfully attain the JNCIE-SEC certification. It is targeted at those who have a valid JNCIP-SEC certificate. The chapters cover advanced technologies and configuration examples. There are also two practice exams to prepare you for the real lab test.
- Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing (AJER): This is a five-day course to learn about tools for troubleshooting the enterprise network, specifically the Layer 3 components. The applicants are required to have Juniper Networks vSRX virtual firewall for practical exercises of this course.
To Sum Up
A wide variety of topics and a scope of preparation resources allows individuals to boost their networking skills and achieve professional recognition through certifications. Training courses and other valuable materials created by Juniper experts are there to help master even minute concepts of the field. Choose the most suitable certificate, use appropriate sources of information, practice a lot, and the accreditation will be yours.